How to Manufacture Toothbrush
The toothbrush is the most popular brush we use everyday. Every day on waking up in the morning and tooth brushing the teeth, a thought suddenly struck that how these toothbrushes are manufactured? In the morning on waking up the first thing we do is tooth brushing. We clean our teeth using a toothbrush. But have you ever wondered how do these toothbrushes are manufactured?
Read on the following article to find it out and feel proud and knowledgeable whenever you toothbrush your teeth in the morning.
Table of Contents
Its said that the use of toothbrushes started way back in China around 1600. Generally, the material used to manufacture the toothbrushes is plastic and Bristles are made up of Nylon.
Toothbrush Manufacturing Process
The manufacturing process of toothbrushes is very simple to understand. Its interesting thing to understand is how bristles are attached to the head of the toothbrush.
- The toothbrush are made up of plastics hence the best process used to manufacture them is plastic injection molding.
- In Injection molding, the die is designed according to the requirement of the proper size and shape of the toothbrush.
- After designing the die for the toothbrush plastic pellets are used as the raw material for the injection molding machine.
- They are melted and injected with high pressure into the cavity of the stainless steel mold and hence you get the desired shape of the toothbrush in the form of plastic material
- The sample of die designed for a toothbrush is shown below:
- In the above mold 12 toothbrushes are manufactured together at once. As you can see the mold is having cavities in the form of toothbrushes.
The cavity contains the holes in the head of the toothbrush which are used to fix nylon bristles later on.
Fixing of the Nylon Bristles on Toothbrush
A special machine is used to fix up the nylon bristles. It is a very quick machine that fixes the nylon bristles. It’s very quicker than any human could fix the bristles and it’s hygenic.
- Its very interesting to know that these bristles are bend in half and a staple ring is used to hold them together at its end. The machine fixes it into the hole. It works very fast.
- In one single hole, approximately 24 bristles are fixed up.
If you want to see these metal staples just break your old toothbrush you will find it amazing to see them.
Bristles are then ground and given a finished shape like plane or zigzag according to different requirements and functions:
Romiter Machinery Co., Ltd. is a market-leading designer and a manufacturer of brush machinery. we focused on researching and designing the machinery for different types of brush manufacture solutions. Now, Our factory can provide wooden paint brush handle forming machine, automatic wooden brush ferrule nailing machine, Wooden Brush Handle Round Forming Machine, Wooden Paint Brush Handle Surface Shaving Machine, Wooden Brush Handle Hole Drilling Machine, Paint Brush Wooden Handle Sanding Machine, Brush Bristle Mixing Machine, Brush Ferrule Bristle Filling Machine, cosmetic wooden brush handle machine, Paint Roller Frame Handle Making Machine, Paint Roller Brush Making Machine, Paint Roller Frame Cage Assembling Machine, paint roller frame handle assembling machine, toothbrush making machine and brush metal ferrule making machine.
Romiter Brush Processing Machine meets Europe Quality Requirement. with CE Certification
Welcome to contact us for more information.